He's like a finely tuned obedience machine! Check him out!
And, when he's in the trees, copse, grove, thicket or woody hollow, he even comes out intermittently to check if I'm still there. Awesome.
The only problem is he runs in one bit and then reappears somewhere completely different. A few times, I've been stood there waiting for him and he comes bounding out of the bushes in a completely different area. I think he gets onto a scent trail and goes nuts.
A cyclist was laughing at me as Prof. Barnabus had run through the fence to go for a drink/quick dip in the river, and I was calling and calling him and then I heard him bark, and he was right behind me. He'd found a different hole in the fence to come back through. Tricksy hobbit.
He looks so stoked when he's running around hunting for squirrels, total blissed out expression on his face. Amazing.
x
That's brilliant! Lovely to see him looking like a carefree little dog!
ReplyDelete